To help maintain and grow the success of NAC’s adventure tours, activities and races, we’re seeking an experienced operations manager to oversee daily activities.
The Operations Manager is a key leadership position with a critical role in the fulfillment of NAC's brand promise of delivering high-quality experiences. The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the guide and instructor team and also managing the day to functions of the operation.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance and safety protocols
- Maintain a keen awareness of how the brand is being represented and demonstrate a relentless pursuit of meeting the brand promise
- Execution of processes and procedures to ensure consistency with objectives
- Manage an efficient operation with a strong fiscal awareness to continuously ensure the proper execution of resources
- Be a key leader in the planning and execution of any additional programming.
- Recruitment of new guiding and instructing staff, and everythingthat would pertain to that
- Relate to other departments of NAC to ensure smooth daily operations
- Daily scheduling for guide and instructor staff.
- Comfortable communicating in Japanese and English
- Relentless pursuit to create and maintain a culture of safety and fun within the organization
- Lead, motivate, and support a large team within a demanding environment
- Create, monitor, and execute training programs for incoming guides as well as continuing education programs for existing guides
- Maintain constant communication with management and staff to ensure proper operations of the department
- Create and utilize key tools and metrics to measure team results and hold the team accountable to established goals and objectives
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and during other NAC events as needed
The Operation Manager is at times a physical job. An applicant should be confident in their own physical ability.
- Prior experience working in the outdoor industry
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Organized, enthusiastic, and flexible
- Wilderness Medicine or First Aid/CPR certifications
- Degree in Operations Management, Recreation Management, or another related field
- 5+ years of relevant management experience in operations